Le Papillon Hotel Ltd Terms and Conditions
The terms below apply to your booking.
When you make a Booking on our website, you will be asked to tick the "I agree" box and you will not be able to complete your Booking if you do not do this. This confirms that you accept these terms. We strongly recommend that you read the terms before accepting.
1. Our Contract
- If you are a customer (i.e. not dealing as a business with us), Le Papillon Hotel Ltd (we/us) sell all rooms and extras to you subject to these terms.
- A contract is formed between you and Le Papillon Hotel Ltd when we issue you with a confirmation for your room and extras (if applicable) (Booking). No booking shall be binding on Le Papillon Hotel Ltd until we issue you with a confirmation number.
2. Your Booking
- You cannot transfer or resell your booking (in whole or in part). If you transfer or resell (or attempt to transfer or resell) then Le Papillon Hotel Ltd will terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such booking. We may also refuse to take any further bookings from you in the future.
- You may make a booking on someone else's behalf. You are responsible for ensuring that any customer in your booking complies with these terms as if that customer had made the booking.
- You can only make a booking if you are 16 years old or over. If you arrive at the hotel and are under 16 years of age you will not be permitted to stay alone.
- Special offers and Last Minute promotional rates must be paid for in full at the time of booking and are non refundable. These offers are only available directly from the Hotel by phone or by completing the website enquiries page at www.papillonhotel.co.uk
- The proprietors reserve the right to cancel accommodation without refund, if in their opinion the behavior of a guest is such that the comfort and enjoyment of others is thereby inhibited.
3. Rates and Payment
- The rate for each room is as published on our website at the time of your Booking, or, in the case of a telephone booking as advised to you at the time of booking.
- A first nights deposit is required at the time of booking unless otherwise advised by the Hotel. If you pay with a payment card then we will not charge a booking fee. However, we will not refund the booking fee if you subsequently cancel the booking. The booking fee is currently 3% on all card transactions.
- The room rate excludes any extras unless we expressly agree with you otherwise as part of your booking. Extras are subject to availability and cannot be transferred to any other booking. If any extra that you have paid for in advance is unavailable upon arrival we will give you a refund of the price you paid for that extra. Extras are provided subject to these terms.
- You must be able to show photo identification such as a passport or driver's licence or a valid credit or debit card if you are paying by cash for a walk-in booking.
4. Check-in and check-out
- You can check-in from 3pm until 10pm on the scheduled date of arrival. If you wish to check-in earlier or later then please advise the Hotel directly and we will try to accommodate your request. If you have not requested an early check-in or we are unable to have your room ready at the requested time then you will be welcome to leave your bags and we can advise you when your room will be ready.
- You must check-out before 11am on your day of departure. If you wish to check-out any later (2 hours maximum) then please make a request to the Hotel the night before your departure. If the room is not required then we will try to accommodate your request. If we are unable to meet your request then you are welcome to leave your bags until an agreed time. Failure to check-out by the stipulated time may result in an additional charge, equivalent to the flexible rate at that time, for one night's stay for the applicable room(s).
- Maximum occupancy for rooms are:
Family Suite (2 bedrooms): 4
Bedroom 1 has 1 standard 4’6” double bed.
Bedroom 2 has 2 smaller 2’6” single beds (not recommended for larger adults )
Superior Family Suite (2 bedrooms): 5
Bedroom 1 has 1 standard 5’ kingsize bed plus 1 standard 3’ single bed.
Bedroom 2 has 1 standard 3’ single bed and 1 junior bed (up to 10 years).
Double Rooms: 2
Bedrooms have either a standard 4’6” double or 5’ kingsize bed
Twin Room: 2
Bedroom has 2 standard 3’ single beds
Family Room: 3
Bedroom has 1 standard 4'6" double bed and 1 standard 3’ single bed
- All rooms will accommodate a travel cot and can be supplied free of charge but must be requested at the time of booking.
- You will not leave children unattended in any rooms or public areas at any time. Baby monitors are available on request.
- An outside smoking area is provided however smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the Hotel. You authorise us to charge you any costs we incur if you smoke or cause damage in our hotel including costs for specialist cleaning (to make the room fit for sale as a non smoking environment) and the cost of the room for any time period it is unusable. You authorise us to charge this amount to the payment card used in your Booking. We will send you (at the address on the Booking) a breakdown of these charges within 10 working days. We may refuse to accept bookings from you in future.
- Take away food may not be consumed in the bedrooms but you are welcome to use the dining room facilities.
- You must not interfere with our fire detection system. If you do so, we will terminate your Booking without refund and require you to leave the hotel immediately.
- We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying damage, caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless act of the guest to the hotel’s property or structure. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s payment card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address. We will however make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialists to make the repairs, and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
- We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of replacing any items that are removed from the premises by them without consent. The charge will be the full replacement amount of the missing item, including any carriage charges. Should the fact that the item is missing come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s payment card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
- A full refund (less any booking fees incurred by the Hotel) will be given if a cancellation request is received more than 14 days prior to the scheduled arrival date. You must contact the hotel directly if you do not receive confirmation of your cancellation within 48 hours.
- A cancellation request received within 48 hours and 14 days from the scheduled arrival date will be charged a first night deposit.
- Cancellation requests received with less than 48 hours notice will be charged 50% of the total booking or a first night deposit (whichever is the greater).
- Failure to notify the Hotel of cancellation prior to the scheduled arrival date ‘no show’ will result in 100% of the total booking being charged.
- Any special offers requiring full payment at the time of booking are non refundable.
When making a booking you authorise us to take any cancellation or ‘no show’ charges due using the same payment card details used at the time of booking. There will be no charge for any extras ordered at the time of booking unless these costs have already been incurred by the hotel. We strongly recommend that, as with any holiday, you take out appropriate insurance.
7. Changing your Booking
- All amendments are subject to availability and may incur charges.
- All amendments will be treated as a new booking using tariffs applicable at the time of the change.
- Any amendments requested with more than 14 days notice will not be charged.
- Any amendments that increases the total cost of your booking will not be charged.
- Any amendments that reduce the total cost of you booking will be charged at 50% of lost revenue.
- On rare occasions, due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, it may become necessary for us to relocate you to suitable alternative accommodation in the local area. Should this situation arise we will notify you as soon as possible to confirm or, at you request, cancel your Booking and refund you the money you have paid for the unavailable room(s) including related extras.
9. Car Parking
- There is limited off street parking available at the rear of the hotel which is offered on a first come first served basis. Cars are parked here at the owners risk and the Hotel accepts no liability whatsoever to any damage caused whilst parked in these bays.
- On street parking is available from 6pm – 8am during the high season and 24 hours during the off season.
- Alternative pay and display parking is available within 2 minutes walk of the hotel.
10. Pet Policy
- We do not accept pets at the hotel.
- Statutory Rights: We have tried to ensure that any rights that you, as a consumer, have that are implied by law into a contract of this type (statutory rights) are not excluded or limited in any way. If any of these terms conflict with a statutory right or the law changes and your statutory rights change, then the statutory rights will prevail over these terms.
For more information on your statutory rights see www.consumerdirect.gov.uk or call 08454040506
- Events Beyond our Reasonable Control: We shall not be in breach of these terms, nor liable for any failure to perform any of our obligations in relation to your Booking (such as the provision of room(s) and/or other products and/or services and/or extras) due to any adverse event, act, omission or accident which happens which is beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, interruption or fire (except by way of our default) or failure of (except by way of our default) electric power, gas, water, or other utility service, plant machinery, computers, vehicles or any collapse of building structures.
- Our Liability: Our total liability for any loss shall not exceed twice the total sum we charge you for the booking. We shall not be liable for any losses that were not caused by any breach of contract or statutory duty or negligence on the part of Le Papillon Hotel Ltd. and we shall not be liable for any losses that were not reasonably foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed.
Nothing in these terms shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud or death or personal injury caused by our negligence or any other matter which it would be illegal for us to (or attempt to) exclude or limit.
- Third Party Rights: A party which is not a party to our Contract shall have no right to enforce any term under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- Law: These terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- Changes to Terms: We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time. The terms applicable to your Booking are those in force on the date of Booking (or amendment, as applicable).
12. Questions / Complaints
If you have any question or complaint in relation to your Booking or these terms please go to our website and click on the 'contact us' link and we will respond to you as quickly as we can, normally within 2 working days.